I only recommended you use an automated method to fix this ‘Outlook is using an old copy of your Outlook data file’ error. It works very fast. It can recover your pst file that has been corrupted. In which you can export data from the selective dates with the help of the Date-Filter feature. This software can able to run on all Windows OS versions. It only requires a basic knowledge of computers to use this and the MS Outlook installing is not compulsory in which.
Get more:-‘Outlook is using an old copy of your Outlook data file’ error solved
To fix the error find below steps-
Step 1: Make Visible OST Files
For Windows 7:
- Click on the Start button and go to the File menu.
- Then, select the Organize option >> Folder.
- Now, click on the Search options >> Move to View tab.
- Select the option of Show hidden files, folders, and drivers.
- Uncheck the option of Hiding extensions for known file types.
- Finally, select the OK option.
For Windows 10:
- At first, launch the File Explorer.
- Then, select the View option.
- Finally, choose the File name extensions and Hidden Items.
Step 2: Delete The Visible OST Files
- At first, go to the Computer or File Explorer Window.
- Then, go to C:\Users\(your login name)\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook
- Then, delete the files with extension as .ost.
- Make sure you are not deleting any PST file of Outlook.
- Then, restart your Microsoft Outlook application.
After deletion the OST file in which the error was arising, recreate an OST file again to solve the problem “Outlook is using an old copy of your Outlook data file."